Together we can end hunger in Northern New Mexico.
Come join us and volunteer your time and talents to help feed people in need. Volunteer support is critical to our mission and helps make us one of the most efficient charities around. In 2013, The Food Depot benefitted from 10,891 hours of volunteer time, which saved the food bank an estimated $237,320 in labor costs, the equivalent of nearly 1 MILLION MEALS!
You can volunteer as an individual or in groups up to 30 people. A group volunteer project at The Food Depot is a wonderful opportunity for your employees, group/organization member, or students to build teamwork while enjoying a rewarding experience.
We have limited volunteer opportunities available for unaccompanied minors 16 and under.
Please contact our volunteer coordinator, Nate Patrus at email@example.com for more information.
**NEW** Little Ones Volunteer Experience (L.O.V.E.)
As a part of this program, The Food Depot will set up age appropriate, child friendly volunteer projects. L.O.V.E. will be held on the 3rd Friday afternoon of the month at The Food Depot between 1:00 pm and 3:00 pm. The Food Depot asks that all children be 3 years of age or older, and be accompanied by a parent or guardian at all times.
Space is limited, so register for L.O.V.E. today!
Register by calling Nate Patrus at 505-471-1633 extension 15, or email at firstname.lastname@example.org
- The Food Depot frequently receives donations of assorted foods and other household products. Volunteers help us sort, inspect and box the items in preparation for distribution to partner agencies.
- We receive bulk bread donations from many bakeries and grocery stores each day. To keep the bread as fresh as possible, volunteers help us sort and wrap the bread in plastic bags.
- We also receive large bulk food donations of precious commodities such as dried pinto beans, pasta or rice. Volunteers help us repackage these large quantities into family-size bags for distribution.
- Volunteer hours are available Monday through Friday, from 9:00 am to 3:00 pm.
- Volunteers receive visitors at The Food Depot by working at the reception desk.
- Volunteers help The Food Depot by assisting in light administrative functions such as filing, answering phones, stuffing envelopes and data entry.
- Hours are available Monday through Friday, from 9:00 am to 3:00 pm.
- Every year The Food Depot holds several fun events to raise food and funds to support our work. Volunteers can help deliver posters, set up and decorate venues, sell tickets and sent out invitations. For a detailed look at upcoming events, click here.
- The Food Depot can always benefit from pro bono professional services. Not only does this help us keep our operational budget to a minimum, we also welcome the new ideas and suggestions professional volunteers often bring.
- Services that are especially needed include printing, graphic arts, newsletter writing and design, legal consulting, video production, photography, computer tech support, auto maintenance and repair, plumbing and staff training.
- Schedule at your convenience
For more information on volunteering at The Food Depot, you can download our Volunteer Handbook. The Handbook has more descriptions of various volunteer opportunities as well as a brief volunteer application.
Please contact our volunteer coordinator, Nate Patrus at email@example.com for more information..