The Food Depot seeks donations for Texas flood victims
You can help make a difference in Texas. The Food Depot, Northern New Mexico’s food bank is launching efforts to collect items to support the victims of the Texas flooding. In cooperation with Feeding America and Feeding Texas, the food bank has identified items needed by Texas food banks for distribution to people in need. The Food Depot is asking the community for help. Deliver donations to The Food Depot, 1222 A Siler Road in Santa Fe (building in the back).
Additional drop off locations specifically for this effort are Los Alamos National Bank branches in Santa Fe: 301 Griffin St., 2009 Galisteo St., 3674 Cerrillos Rd.; and 1200 Trinty Dr. in Los Alamos, and at 77 Rover Blvd. in White Rock.
Below are some of the affected food banks’ top product requests:
• Hand-held snack items such as granola bars
• Pop-top ready-to-eat items
• Shelf-stable pantry items such as peanut butter, tuna and soup
• Bottled water
• Cleaning supplies (bleach, non-bleach, paper towels, etc.)
• Personal hygiene items (toothbrushes, toothpaste, etc.)
• Diapers, baby wipes
• Pet food (no fresh, raw or frozen please)
• No furniture, clothing or toys (new or used) will be accepted
To make a financial contribution, go to www.thefooddepot.org or mail your donation to The Food Depot, 1222 A Siler Road, Santa Fe, New Mexico 87507. The Food Depot will forward the donations to its sister food banks in Texas. Please mark the donation as a contribution to Texas flood relief.
Questions? Call Jennifer West at 505-471-1633, ext. 126.