Kids Kitchen seeks a Business and Finance Coordinator
Position Title: Business and Finance Coordinator
Job Classification: Part-Time: 20 hours/week
FLSA Status: Non-Exempt
Compensation: $25.00 to $30.00 per hour, DOE
Reports to: Executive Chef
We are seeking a part-time Business and Finance Coordinator to join our staff at Kids Kitchen, LLC, a non-profit joint venture between The Food Depot and United Way of Santa Fe County (UWSFC). The Business and Finance Coordinator will provide direct administrative, bookkeeping and finance support to the Executive Chef, also working collaboratively with the Vice President of Finance for UWSFC. This position requires a high degree of computer proficiency with data entry and strong math skills, strong organizational skills, excellent written and oral communication, ability to multi-task, adherence to project deadlines, and efficient problem-solving. The Business and Finance Coordinator is responsible for participating in certain program meetings, which may be held at various work sites. Regular local travel is required for errands and meetings.
Key Areas of Responsibility:
• Perform daily management and entry of all invoices, assist in taking monthly inventory of food items and kitchen equipment, recipe costing and maintenance of recipe database.
• Assist Executive Chef in monitoring, tracking and maintenance of staff and volunteer schedules.
• Maintain adequate supplies of written forms and maintain electronic versions in organized and retrievable manner.
• Order and install toner cartridges in copiers and printers, perform maintenance and troubleshooting of office equipment including printers, copiers, and computers; coordinate service technician repairs as needed.
• Participate in meetings as directed by the Executive Chef to assist with program planning.
• Answer telephone and maintain a professional, positive demeanor with callers.
• Rapidly respond to e-mail and telephone requests from UWSFC program staff for support or information requests.
• Coordinate distribution of materials between The Food Depot and UWSFC administrative and program staff; coordinate collection of action items needing staff response.
• Perform filing, copying, shredding, long-term records management, organization of office supplies, mailings (both electronic and paper), and other administrative duties as assigned by the Executive Chef.
• Perform within the prescribed limits of organization ethics and compliance policies.
• High school diploma or GED
• Minimum one year of administrative assistant experience preferred
• Proficiency in English
• Computer knowledge including software applications for database, spreadsheets, word documents, and e-mail
• Experience coordinating multiple staff, setting priorities and meeting deadlines
• Excellent interpersonal skills
• Excellent oral and written skills in an environment requiring diplomacy and good judgment
• Ability to work independently and within team settings
• Ability to pass a mandatory background clearance required of all childcare workers in the State of New Mexico
• Reliable transportation with valid New Mexico driver’s license, current automobile registration and proof of auto insurance
• While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to walk, stand, drive, and sit for long periods of time and use computer equipment and cell phones. The employee is occasionally required to reach with hands and arms, stoop, kneel, crouch or crawl. The employee must be able to lift 40 pounds. Regular local travel is required for meetings and errands.
All candidates are required to participate in a pre-employment background screening and verification of relevant credentials, as well as proof of reliable transportation and a valid driver’s license.
To apply, please complete the application for employment on the United Way of Santa Fe’s website.
Relocation funding is not available. EEO.