Kids Kitchen seeks a Cook 1
THE APPLICATION WINDOW FOR THIS POSITION IS CLOSED.
Position Title: Cook 1
Reports to: Executive Chef
Status: Full time (40 hours per week), Non-Exempt
Compensation: $13.00 to $15.00 per hours, DOE
Benefits: Paid time off and paid holidays / 403(b) retirement plan
We are seeking a skilled, experienced cook to join our kitchen staff at Kids Kitchen, LLC, a non-profit joint venture between The Food Depot and United Way of Santa Fe County. In this position, you will work with volunteers in assisting the Executive Chef with a variety of tasks required to produce a creative, healthy meal program for children and youth from early childhood through high school. Strong organizational and interpersonal communication skills are a must. High volume experience preferred.
Duties and Responsibilities
• Follow the executive chef’s prep list to plan your daily work
• Label ingredients and food items and stock pantry and refrigerator shelves in an
• Properly store food items in designated containers
• Sanitize work areas and equipment, wash dishes, take out trash
• Measure seasonings, condiments, and ingredients for use in cooking
• Portion and wrap food
• Prepare ingredients for cooking
• Wash, peel, and chop fruits and vegetables
• Clean and cut or grind meat, fish, poultry, and shellfish
• Place food in warming trays or refrigerated storage as appropriate
• Carry food items and utensils to food stations
• Use manual and electric equipment for food preparation
• Package take out foods
• Maintain records of quantities of foods and ingredients used
• Update supervisors when stock of food items or supplies are low
• Inform managers about broken or malfunctioning equipment
• Comply with food safety and sanitation guidelines
Requirements and Qualifications
• Direct experience as a cook or related experience
• Availability for early morning shifts is required
• Effective communication skills
• Proficient in English
• Adept at performing tasks well in a fast-paced environment
• Able to stand continuously for long periods of time
• Must be able to pass a CYFD background check
• NM Food Handlers Permit and Serv Safe Certification required
All candidates are required to participate in a pre-employment background screening and verification of relevant credentials, as well as proof of reliable transportation and a valid driver’s license.
To apply, please complete the UWSFC Application for Employment on the United Way of Santa Fe’s website.
Relocation funding is not available. EEO.