The Food Depot seeks a Program Coordinator
The window for to apply for this position has closed. Thank you for your interest.
Submit resumes to email@example.com or in person, 8 a.m. to 5 p.m., Monday through Friday, at 1222 A Siler Rd. by Friday, Jan. 25.
Job title: Program Coordinator (Non-Exempt)
Reports to: Program Manager Salary range: $21 – $30/Hour
Job summary: To support The Food Depot’s agency relations and hunger programs in support of its mission and in accordance with funding requirements, contractual agreements, approved policies, strategies and plans.
- Coordinates After School Meals Program, through CACFP, including but not limited to recruitment of and assistance to sites, compiling daily, weekly, monthly, annual meal counts and submitting numbers for meal reimbursement and reporting of results, monitoring for food handling safety and compliance with the program rules, and developing methods for gaining program feedback
- Coordinates Food 4 Kids program including but not limited to recruitment of and assistance to schools, reporting of results, monitoring for food handling safety and compliance with the program rules, and developing methods for gaining program feedback
- Coordinates Diaper Depot programs including but not limited to recruitment of and assistance to distribution sites, reporting of results, ordering diapers and wipes, monitoring inventory, and developing methods for gaining program feedback
- Coordinates Lunch Box Express program including but not limited to recruitment of and assistance to distribution sites, scheduling of activities for participants, reporting of results for meal reimbursements, Summer Food Service Program sponsor/compliance paperwork, monitoring and training staff at sites in program regulations and requirements, and developing methods for gaining program feedback
- Assists with Mobile Food Pantry program including annual monitoring, development of materials and reporting, training, new site orientations, technical assistance
- Assists with Commodity Supplemental Food Program including but not limited to site recruitment, annual monitoring, development of materials and reporting, compilation of reports, new site orientations, special meetings and trainings
- Assists with Agency Relations program including but not limited to annual monitoring, new partner agency orientations, special meetings and trainings (including food safety and civil rights) – Includes assisting with Agency Relations Councils in participating counties
- Assists with the development of new programs as added. Researches the requirements and need for special training, reporting, and compliance issues
- Maintains a ServeSafe Food Handlers or Manager Certification as required by Feeding America.
- Assist with planning, monitoring and reporting on program related budgets
- Assist with maintenance of Agency Resource Website – www.fdagency.org
- Supervises volunteers assigned to program department
- Contributes to building a positive team spirit; puts success of team above own interests
- Complies with all The Food Depot policies, procedures and systems
- Is consistently at work and on time as scheduled.
- Performs related duties as required or assigned; assists other departments as requested; may work evenings and weekends, as needed
- Some college or one to three years related experience
- Demonstrate a commitment to the mission and values of The Food Depot
- Good communication and interpersonal skills and the ability to be a team player; must be able to effectively communicate and interact with co-workers, managers and customers; ability to effectively communicate problems and issues
- Must have excellent customer service skills and be able to interface with many diverse internal and external customers
- Must be computer literate. Knowledge of Microsoft Word, Excel, inventory database experience a must
- Commitment to accuracy and thoroughness
- Must be detail-oriented, able to handle multiple tasks in an office/warehouse environment
- Must be able to work independently of as well as collectively with other staff members
- Must be able to use general office equipment such as computers, copiers, scanners
- Fluency in Spanish a plus
Negative Pre-employment Drug Screening
- Employee will spend 30% of the time working at a stationary computer terminal, 30% talking on the telephone, and 40% interfacing with program coordinators, agency representatives, and public
- Position functions in an office and warehouse environment, and requires travel to other facilities within The Food Depot’s 9-county service area, using employee’s own vehicle (travel expenses will be reimbursed)
This job description in no way states or implies that these are the only duties to be performed by the employee in this position. Employees will be required to follow any other job related instructions and to perform any other job-related duties requested by any person authorized to give assignments.
This position description excludes the marginal functions of the position that are incidental to the performance of fundamental job duties. All duties and responsibilities are essential job functions and requirements. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. This document does not create an employment contract, implied or otherwise, other than an “at will” relationship.