The Food Depot seeks Director of Finance and Administration
NOTE: The window for application materials has closed. Thank you for your interest.
The deadline for materials is June 26.
The Food Depot is seeking a passionate individual to support The Food Depot’s day-to-day administrative and financial management of the organization. This individual should bring a wide range of skills and a desire to work toward a hunger-free Northern New Mexico.
We are not accepting application materials at The Food Depot. Please submit by mail to: 1222 A Siler Rd, Santa Fe, NM, 87507, or by email to firstname.lastname@example.org. Thank you for your understanding.
JOB TITLE: Director of Finance and Administration Exempt
REPORTS TO: Executive Director SALARY RANGE: $75,000-$105,000/annually
The Director of Finance and Administration is a strategic thought-partner, responsible for the day-to-day administrative and financial management of the organization. The Director of Finance and Administration will partner with the leadership team in strategic decision making and operations, and will lead and develop an internal team to support finance, business planning and budgeting, human resources, administration, and IT.
• Analyze and present financial reports in an accurate and timely manner; clearly communicate monthly and annual financial statements; collate financial reporting materials for all donor segments, and oversee all financial, project/program and grants accounting.
• Oversee all accounts, ledgers, and reporting systems, ensuring compliance with applicable Generally Accepted Accounting Principles and regulatory requirements. Maintain internal control safeguards.
• Coordinate and lead the annual audit process, liaise with external auditors and the finance committee of the board of directors; assess any changes necessary.
• Oversee and lead annual budgeting and planning process in conjunction with the executive director; administer and review all financial plans and budgets; monitor progress and changes and keep senior leadership team informed of the organization’s financial status.
• Manage organizational cash flow and forecasting.
• Work with Director of Development and Engagement Team to manage grant and donation revenue and ensure grant agreement compliance.
• Implement a robust contracts and financial management/reporting system; ensure that the contract billing and collection schedule is followed and that financial data and cash flow are steady and support operational requirements.
• Update and implement all necessary business policies and accounting practices; improve the finance department’s overall policy and procedure manual.
• Effectively communicate and present the critical financial matters to the board of directors.
Human Resources, Technology and Administration
• Fully develop The Food Depot’s human resources and administration, enhancing professional development, compensation and benefits, performance evaluation, training and recruiting.
• Ensure that recruiting and termination processes are consistent and streamlined.
• Establish and manage a comprehensive training program to educate employees regarding staff tools, policies and procedures.
• Research insurance plans for The Food Depot including, but not limited to, commercial, directors & officers, volunteer and workmen’s compensation policies; identify best policies and present to the Board of Directors for review and approval; administer approved insurance policies.
• Work closely and transparently with all external partners including third party vendors and consultants.
• Oversee administrative functions as well as facilities to ensure efficient and consistent operations as the organization scales.
• Oversee risk management and legal activities; guarantee compliance with all relevant regulations by ensuring that all program-related functions are conducted in compliance with regulations of the IRS and other agencies to which The Food Depot is accountable.
• Develop and implement new processes and systems that increase financial and operational efficiencies.
Accountable for Office Manager, Finance Coordinator, Contract Accountant and other employees working in the position’s area of responsibilities
• Minimum of a B.A., ideally with an MBA/CPA or related degree
• At least 7-10 years of overall professional experience; ideally 6+ years of broad financial and operations management experience
• The ideal candidate has experience of final responsibility for the quality and content of all financial data, reporting and audit coordination for either a division or significant program area, and has preferably overseen a human resources function previously
• Ability to translate financial concepts to – and to effectively collaborate with – programmatic and fundraising colleagues who do not necessarily have finance backgrounds
• Solid knowledge of nonprofit organizations, GAAP standards and fund accounting.
• A track record in grants management
• Technology savvy with experience selecting and overseeing software installations and managing relationships with software vendors; knowledge of accounting and reporting software
• Experience in financial supervision, personnel management
• Commitment to training programs that maximize individual and organization goals across the organization including best practices in human resources activities
• A successful track record-setting priorities; keen analytic, organization and problem-solving skills which support and enable sound decision making
• Excellent relationship building skills with an ability to prioritize, negotiate, and work with a variety of internal and external stakeholders
• A multi-tasker with the ability to wear many hats in a fast-paced environment
• A dedication to the mission of The Food Depot
• Vision – Continually looking to future needs and opportunities, and planning strategically around them
• Leadership – Ability to inspire others with the vision for the organization and instill in others a sense of autonomy, mastery and purpose that will make them successful in their work
• Communication Skills – Outstanding written communication skills; ability to communicate orally and connect with both large and small audiences of differing socio-economic, cultural, religious and ethnic backgrounds
• Emotional Intelligence – Ability to admit and learn from mistakes and to empathize with other people
• Forward Thinking – Ability to recognize emerging trends in the industry and in the environment, and guide the organization in adapting nimbly and appropriately
• Must successfully pass a full drug screen
• Successful background clearance
• Valid driver’s license NM Class C
This job description in no way states or implies that these are the only duties to be performed by the employee in this position. Employees will be required to follow any other job-related instructions and to perform any other job-related duties requested by any person authorized to give assignments.
This position description excludes the marginal functions of the position that are incidental to the performance of fundamental job duties. All duties and responsibilities are essential job functions and requirements. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. This document does not create an employment contract, implied or otherwise, other than an “at will” relationship.